?

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Wanna play tag?

There is this game going around professional photographer’s blogs. You tell eight little known things about you and then name some other photographers. I was not really tagged, but watching this game going around made me want to play. So, I tagged myself ;)

1. When I was in photography school, I was convinced I was going to be a fashion photographer. I planned on being the next Herb Ritts. It was not until I started at a children’s photography studio that I realized that I had a knack for it, and that is what I wanted to do.

2. I love Britney Spears. Granted I think she needs some underwear, mothering classes and a hug, but I still love her. I can’t help it!

3. Until I was sixteen I was scared to death of cats! I was attacked when I was two, so even the cutest little kitten made me nervous. Someone gave me a kitten for my sixteenth birthday and I was terrified. I was not able to sleep the first night because she kept purring and trying to sleep on me. It only took me a week to warm up to her, and almost nine years and another kitten later she is still purring and trying to sleep on me. :)

4. I can drink coffee 24 hours a day.

5. My dad is the coolest dad in the world. Seriously, he is one of my biggest inspirations. I am told we are exactly alike and I take it as the biggest compliment.

6. I am ridiculously superstitious. Sometimes almost to the point of OCD. For example, I have to check my alarm three (count ‘em) three times before I can go to sleep at night or it will not go off in the morning, and I can’t listen to the traffic report in the morning, otherwise I will get stuck in it. OK so my superstitions are not the norm because I have a black cat who crosses my path constantly and that’s OK. Go figure. :)

7. When I was nineteen I moved in with my grandmother and my dad. I cut my work to part time and took her on all her errands and just kept her company when otherwise she would be alone. Until I moved in with her I didn’t know her very well, and I am glad I got the chance. She became like my best friend and living with her and my dad was one of the best things that could have happened to me at that point. I learned a lot about her and my grandfather (who had passed away eight years earlier) and she got to know about me. Her death is the most devastating thing that I have had to deal with. It was five years ago last week. She is still my inspiration and actually the reason for my personal project which will be displayed when I put my new site live next month (more on that later)

8. I am a daredevil when it comes to shooting. If you have ever seen me shoot you know what I mean. Climbing on furniture, up trees, on the edge of a porch even standing on top of a ladder. If there is something that will give me a higher angle that I can climb on, I will, most of the time while holding a reflector with me feet (true story) I actually had to make this statement once: “I will not fall out of this huge tree while holding on with one hand and keeping the reflector straight with my feet so don’t worry, just look happy.” :) I guess that is not so much a little known fact, but I am an open book so I was running out of stuff.

So now I get to tag people:
Meg Belanger: http://www.megbelanger.blogspot.com/
Jay: http://www.imagesofjay.blogspot.com/
Emily: http://www.emilykearnan.blogspot.com/
Paulette and Matt: http://www.saypickles.blogspot.com/
Benjamin: www.benjaminburrows.net/blog

and a last minute add on (sorry I didn't know you had a blog!)
Michelle: http://michellecaucuttphotography.blogspot.com/

And because what would be a good post with out photo’s, Here are some of my god-daughter (who else?) for a project I am working on.



That’s all for now. I have a couple e-sessions this weekend, which I am pretty excited about. I’m sure I will have some fun stuff to post soon!

Adios!

1 comments:

Michelle Lindsay Photography said...

How come you didn't tag me???

:)

just kidd'n - excited to see your new website with all of the work you've been doing this past year. I think its going to look great.